Social media is all about sharing content with your audience, but the lynch-pin is in actually creating content that is shareable. The more your content is shared across the wider community, the greater your traffic, leads, sales and profits – it is that simple.
So to leverage social media for your business, you need to create shareable content and build relationships with your audience, but sometimes that is easier said than done. Just imagine if you have an ecommerce site, how do you create shareable content when most of your content is composed of short product descriptions? Likewise, if you are a builder, your website tends to revolve around the services you provide, so how do you create content that people want to share across their social media channels?
Well, if you really want to leverage the power of social media for your business, here are 6 simple actions you can take that will encourage people to share your content.
- Add social share buttons to your content: These might be in a row along the top of the page or in the side bar. Wherever you position them, make them easy to see and easy to use. The most important point is that you need to include social share buttons on every page and post on your website. This makes it as easy as ‘one click’ for people to share your content.
- Include visual media in your content: People like to share images, videos, webinars and infographics across their own social networks. So take a look at your business and a add variety of different content in the form of visual media, because people will share these more often than they will share written content.
- Create useful and informative content: There is no point in spending time creating content that no one wants to share. So add informative or educational videos to your website, create checklists, lists of important points to consider, user guides, FAQ pages or how-to tutorials. There are endless ways you can create content that is engaging and interesting to your audience.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly: A huge proportion of people use their smartphones to access the internet, particularly when they are on public transport. They love sharing content that they think is valuable or interesting with their friends. So make sure that your website is mobile friendly or you will lose out on a lot of potential social media shares.
- Be socially active: You need to be online and active in your social media channels, engaging people, responding to posts or tweets and generally helping, educating and interacting with the community. Creating sharable content and interacting with your audience across their social media channels increases the awareness of your brand and helps to increase sales and profits.
- Find a social media manager: Unless you are a social media junkie, keeping up an active network across multiple platforms is quite daunting. So if you are going to leverage social media platforms for your business, it makes a lot of sense to outsource this work and leverage someone else’s expertise in the area as well.
The take home message is that social media is all about creating shareable content, increasing brand awareness within the community and building relationships with people over the internet. If you can do all of this, then you will become a master at leveraging social media in your business.
For more information on social media marketing, SEO or website design for your business, contact us on 02 8097 7957, or complete our online enquiry form.